Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Genting Trip 12-14 Jan 2008

Took a 6-hr bus ride to Genting Highlands, Malaysia for the weekend. Karen and I were expecting a nice quiet semi-posh hotel, we got quite a Willy Wonka's Colorful Factory-type of hotel resort. We thought it wld be nice and quiet as it was off-peak but we had to get through a sea of people at the First World Hotel lobby which was as big as a train station. First impression of our holiday? Horriday. I checked into my room only to find the beds not made from the earlier hotel guests. It was just disgusting. Anyway overall, being with family made it an OK trip. However it'll be a long while before I head back.

Me and Aunty Nancy on da bus.
Meimei Faith wid Grandpa.

The very old unmaintained hotel. I had to take this shot to show you what I mean. And this view reminds me of a scene in the game of Silent Hill.


Wld you drink from this water dispenser that's rusty on the outside? Can you imagine how it must be like on da inside?



Then things got a lil better when I saw my best friend, Mr Starbucks

And we got crazy wid all the rides, both indoor and outdoor.



This was where we ate most of our meals at, The Hainan Restaurant

Going Home. Daniel Boy wheeling mama's luggage

2 comments:

Rebecca L said...

eeew about the hotel room not being made.. how could they even give you the key. Should have demanded an upgrade. How come you guys didn't do some research on the hotel? But looks like Daniel had fun lol

jewel said...

came wid the package we bought and plus it was a hotel with 6000 rooms, and looked like they were really short-handed, plus we were all so tired, and we had four rooms booked side by side, so to go through the hassle to get new rooms was not really on the list. hehe but never again to Genting! well not anytime soon la. =) ya Daniel had fun! hhehe my fav pic of him is the last one of him sleeping, so cute. Other than that, he can be quite rayuk.